IPT provides environmentally compliant chemical storage systems that meet the highest safety standards. Our system expertise includes acids and caustics, disinfectants for water, wastewater, and groundwater, all power generation needs, mining, semiconductor, bio-medical, pharmaceuticals, specialty food processing and agricultural.
Our capabilities range from providing pre-engineered systems for standard applications, including pumping skids, enclosures and containments, instrumentation and controls including system integration, to complex large-scale systems for the chemical manufacturers themselves.
IPT works with end users, engineers and project teams to provide systems design expertise and comprehensive support. Our experts are up to date on the latest environmental regulations and codes.
Engineering drawings in AutoCAD or TurboCAD format and engineering specifications in PDF format are available.
Assmann Corporation is IPT’s source for storage tanks in all sizes and shapes. Their website is: http://www.assmann-usa.comand please feel free to visit this websites at your convenience to appreciate the full line of their impressive capabilities.
What you will see:
- Vertical Tanks and Horizontal Tanks in a wide range of storage capacity;
- Both Large and Small Double wall tanks;
- Accessories for double wall tanks such as:
- Up to and including Seismic Zone 4 Restraints
- Up to 120 MPH Wind Load Restraints
- Ultrasonic Level Indicators
- High and Low Level Alarms
- Heat Tracing and INsulation
- Top Discharge Assemblies w/Foot Valve
- Optional Sized Manways
- Molded-in Pump Shelf
- Molded-in Primary Tank Sump vertically inline with Pump Shelf
- Full Drain Tanks;
- Conical Bottom Tanks;
- Cone Bottom Tanks & Flat Bottom Tanks;
- Open Top Tanks;
- Rectangular Secondary Containment Basins;
- Custom Tanks and Liners;
- Mastic Coatings;
- Molded-in Lifting Lugs;
- Horizontal Leg (Free-standing) Tanks;
- Elliptical Horizontal Tanks;
- Sectional Horizontal Tanks;
- Sectional Elliptical Horizontal Tanks;
- Temperature/Process Controlled Tanks;
- Double Wall Base Containers;
- Industrial Mini Bulk and Drum Tanks;
- Polyethylene Tank Stands – Stackable
- Flange Fittings, Bulkhead Fittings, 316 SS & Titanium Fittings, Self-Aligning Dome Fittings, Vent Assemblies, Drop Tube Assemblies, Anti-Foam Fittings, Sight Gauge Assemblies, Tie-Down Assemblies;
- Leak Detection;
- Agitator Suport Brackets;
- Pallet Tanks;
- Piston Bins for viscous liquids to 500,000 centipoise;
- And much, much more.
The XLPE Material of Construction is ideally suited for:
- Sulfuric Acid;
- Hydrochloric Acid;
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Sodium Hypochlorite
- Hydrofluorosilicic Acid;
- Ferric Chloride;
- Over 200 More Known Applications.
Call or email IPT today for more information or to get a quotations on your project; but please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What chemical or other fluid do you wish to store?
- If other than ambient, what temperature is this fluid?
- Do you wish to insulate and/or heat trace this tank?
- What is the desired volume to be stored?
- Where is the location of the stored chemical/fluid?
- Is that location indoors or outdoors?
- Are there space limitations (e.g. room to install)?
- How many tanks are you contemplating?
- Is there a desired color of the tank(s)?
- Give some thought to fittings; size, number, & location.
- Estmated delivery date?
- Your contact name, phone, fax, email, physical address.
Please Note: Warrenty conditions vary between manufacturers. Make sure you understand the differences before you committ to any one company.
The type and quality of the resin used in the production process also varies between manufacturers. IPT can explain this to you in layman’s terms when you contact us.
Tank Inspection Guidelines
Polyethylene tanks are a cost- effective method for bulk chemical storage, however, routine inspections are required to maintain a safe environment.
These recommended guidelines should be followed:
Never enter a tank without following OSHA approved guidelines.
Check each nozzle monthly for possible seepage or leaks.
Make sure all flexible expansion joints are in good working condition.
Flush your tank every 12 months.
Do not allow tanks to be pressurized.
Never use more than 7psi when clearing fill lines.
Do not change the chemical service without checking chemical compatibility of all equipment, fittings and secondary piping.
If the vessel has been in service three years or longer, check the inside and outside surface of the tank for crazing, cracking or unusual discoloration.
Keep a log of all inspections.
Remember: IPT is your chemical storage, delivery, instrumentation and control expert. Come to us for your complete needs. A single source of responsibility beats stick building a system every time.